Building Information Modeling is transforming the construction industry. 3D BIM Modeling and MEP drawings are maximizing value for AEC clients with the adoption of the latest BIM technologies. MEP drawings derived from the 3D BIM model help to improve project efficiency by reducing client cost to about 15%. BIM MEP drawings are often regarded as the backbone of construction collaboration. The mechanical and electrical drawings include various details of HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical and other utility components. As a result of which, a construction professional gets a comprehensive detail of the building. Effective coordination is obtained with the help of the BIM MEP drawings, eliminating rework, change order and work stoppages.
Let’s take a look at the benefits obtained from these construction drawings and the types of BIM MEP drawings.
What are the benefits of the Construction Drawings?
· MEP Coordination & Efficiency: The building drawings acting as construction documentation help to streamline communication with 3D visualization. All project stakeholders, including MEP engineers, MEP designers, Mechanical and Electrical contractors, MEP consultants and the building owners can make quick decisions during the pre-construction and the design-build phases. Coordinating as a team, the MEP engineers could successfully eliminate Request for Information (RFIs), work stoppage and rework through accurate MEP drawing creation before the onset of the construction workflow.
· Value Engineering & Cost Savings: The mechanical and electrical drawings produced from the 3D BIM Model help to minimize the material as well as the labor costs. Installation time is also reduced, leading to safe construction and convenience during the pre-construction and the post-construction stages. MEP engineers could easily optimize Shaft Support Hangers and mitigate Sheet Metal Cost. Accurate MEP CAD drawings and building MEP drawings facilitate in resolving constructability issues, thus saving time on RFIs and avoiding in consistency with local building codes in the model.
· Construction Project Management: MEP BIM Modeling services enable AEC clients to get complete control of building projects. 3D Modeling, 4D construction scheduling & 5D BIM cost estimation facilitate construction project coordination, collaboration, asset management, risk alleviation, logistic development and cost estimation.
· Change Management: In a construction project, change is constant and there are several chances for the projects to get off track. Building Information Modeling technology takes care of Change Management, through balanced scheduling, assessment and implementation of change orders for effective building project management.
What are the types of BIM MEP drawings?
A mechanical model of HVAC services, encompassing trapeze, hangers and seismic restrainers gets created through BIM, using information from various architectural, structural and other utility sources. Competent MEP BIM Engineers create the final BIM model, after resolving all MEP clashes through re-routing ducts, modifying elevations and re-sizing of ducts. BIM modelers create comprehensive shop drawings for installation, spool-drawings for prefabrication and other drawings for field automation. They follow SMACNA and other applicable local building codes for the construction projects to document client standards for ensuring complete compliance.
Some of the building MEP drawings include:
· Block-Out Drawings–The drawings help a contractor to start pouring concrete on the construction site. Block-Out Drawings are extracted from the coordinated BIM model after configuration with architectural grids. Proficient BIM engineers keep necessary clearances for the block-out as per the contract documents and building codes.
· Equipment Pad Layout — The equipment pay layouts are accurately determined from the BIM model to ensure proper installation of MEP equipment with access clearance. 3D BIM model delivers accurate pad layout concerning architectural grids and structural engineering drawings with access clearance.
· MEP Shop Drawings –MEP Shop Drawings created from the BIM model are based on project standards and the specifications provided by the contractors, fabricators, suppliers and manufacturers. Building Information Modeling is greatly useful for the construction of complex structures. MEP BIM Modeling companies produce accurate sleeves, penetration and hanger locations from the 3D BIM model at the pre-construction stage. They obtain MEP drawings from coordinated BIM models for workshop fabrication as well as on-site construction.
· Sleeve, Inserts and Hanger Drawings–Accurate sleeve locations, inserts, and hanger positions are obtained from the MEP model before the installation of plumbing systems. These drawings can be directly downloaded on the GPS (Global Positioning System) instruments for fast and accurate layout creation on construction sites.
· Installation Drawings — Detailed installation drawings help the building contractors in making the right planning and effectively installing plumbing services.
· Spool Drawings- Spool Drawings from the BIM model facilitate accurate pre-fabrication off-site or on-site. Segmented Spool Drawings are created from the 3d model as per the contractor’s pre-fabricating standards.
Tejjy Inc. — one of the top MEP BIM Modeling service providers in USA produces MEP CAD drawings, steel drawings, curtain wall shop drawings and various other mechanical, electrical and plumbing drawings. To get comprehensive BIM MEP drawings for your construction, contact the MEP BIM Modelers of Tejjy Inc. at 202–465–4830 or email@example.com.